Kerala - India
Ph:0494 - 2644380
Fax:0494 - 2641347
1. Each student on admission to the college will be issued with an Identity Card which will carry a passport size photograph of the stu dent duly attested by the principal. All students should compulsorily display the identity card on their person.
2. A working day in the college begins at 9.30 a.m. with a prayer and ends at 4.30 p.m. with National Anthem sung by college choir and aired over the public address system. All students, staff and visiotors in the campus are expected to stand up in solemnity and observe silence at the time of prayer and National Anthem.
3. The dress worn shall always be clean, sober and dignified. Women students should observe strict modesty in dress and manners.
4. Since discipline is the bedrock on which an educational system is founded, every student shall fully co-operate with the college authorities for the maintenance of peace and order in the campus.
5. Students shall always behave with dignity and courtesy.
6. Students shall not disfigure the walls, windows, furniture by writing on them or drawing picture or sticking bills.
7. Students shall greet their teachers on the occasion of their first meeting within the college.
8. Student shall rise from their seats when teacher enters the class room and shall take seat only after he/she has taken his / her seat or beckons them to sit.
9. No student shall enter or leave the class without the permission of the teacher who is engaging the class.
10. Students shall not loiter through the corridors or along the veranda during class hours.
11. Students are strictly prohibited from entering any class other than their own without permission.
12. Smoking, chewing pan, consumption of alcoholic drinks and taking narcotic substances are strictly prohibited within the campus.
13. Students shall always maintain utmost decency in their interaction with fellow students. Any instance of harassment will be viewed very seriously and invite stringent punishment.
14. Students are prohibited from participating in any meeting di rected against the constituted authority or the Government.
15. No meeting or entertainment shall be organized and no fund collected in the college without the prior permission of the principal.
16. Political activism is not permitted in the campus and students are to scrupulously refrain from it.
17. No note or petition of any kind shall be circulated among the students or pasted on the notice board or anywhere within the college premises. Students are not allowed to organize or attend meeting in the college or collect money for any purpose without the written permission of the principal.
18. Students who go over to other colleges or institutions to take part in acts of indiscipline such as organizing demonstrations or strikes will invite severe punishment.
19. The principal shall have the power to inflict the following pun ishments: fine, suspension, compulsory issue of T.C., expulsion etc.
20. Promotion to higher class, selection for university examinations and issue of progress attendance/conduct certificates are within the discretion of the principal.
21. The Principal will have the right to issue transfer certificate to a student admitted to the college without an application from the student or the guardian at any time of the course of study in the college without assigning any specific reason if he considers that his/her presence is not desirable in the college
22. No collective representation from students will be entertained.
23. Irregular attendance, insubordination to teachers, habitual absence to class work, obscenityin word or act are sufficient reasons for the permanent or temporary dismissal of students.
24. Students should take note of the notifications on the notice board everyday before they leave the college. Failure to look at the notice board will not be an excuse for any omission or commission.
25. Absence from examination / test papers will be treated as a serious breach of discipline and shall invite disciplinary measures.
26. Ragging, teasing, intimidating and harassment in any form meted out towards fellow students and girl students in particular within the campus or outside are cognisable offences and students are expressly prohibited from indulging in such activities.In the light of the directives contained in various court judgements in recent years, it is mandatory for the Principal to report all cases of ragging and harassment to the police.
27. The use of mobile phone is restricted in the campus. Inside the campus, students are expected to put their phones in the silent mode. Under no circumstances mobile phones should be used inside class rooms, corridors, library and auditorium.
28. In all matters of conduct in and outside the college not spe cifically mentioned here in, students are expected to conduct themselves with decorum, keeping up the reputation of the institution.
29. Principal shall be the final authority in all matters regarding discipline and he shall also have the authority to decide on any issue not specifically covered by the existing General Rules mentioned here in.